Best Baby Stroller Reviews & Guide
Having the right baby stroller is so important for young parents. Keep your precious little one close to you while doing the things you enjoy. Stroll through the neighborhood, browse through the mall, or go for a jog in the park. The wide variety options available today make it easy to stay active.
Baby strollers are one of the most essential purchases for any new parent. Sure, you might think at first that it is not essential to buy one and your can carry your bundle of joy every where you go.
But trust me, and I speak from experience, you simply canâ€™t carry the baby everywhere! Soon enough the baby is going to be too heavy to carry around safely and you would desperately want some mobility. Strollers will help you carry out your activities with so much ease and comfort, that you wonâ€™t be able to imagine leaving your home without it.
7 Best Selling Baby Strollers 2016
The market is filled with so many choices that choosing the perfect one can be really difficult. Here are some of my favorite strollers that I would strongly recommend to any new parent.
1. Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller
This is a great Jogging stroller. The feature that I like the most is the fact that it has large bicycle wheels that makes the ride very comfortable. Also, the front wheel of this stroller uses a swivel mechanism. This makes it incredibly easy to maneuver. While you are jogging, you can lock the front wheel in position so that it does not wobble and the baby has a smooth ride as you jog along with it.
The stroller comes equipped with a very safe 5-point harness that will ensure that your baby is safely secured in the stroller. Although the seat is on the bigger side, you can very easily fit in your car seat if you have an infant. It is perfect for older babies though. It also has a great basket that can literally hold all your baby supplies from diapers to milk bottles.
The stroller folds very neatly and can be stored in a rather compact place. The construction material is also good quality and as an additional benefit, it has two cup holders for you to carry your drink in!
The Pros of Baby Trend Jogging Stroller
- Very easy to assemble
- Can be used for infants and older babies as well
- A lot of space under the stroller for storage
- Five-point strapping system for extra security
- The handles are padded very well and are comfortable
- Not very expensive
- Handle bar is not adjustable; tall people may have a problem
- There are no shock absorbers
- If you have an infant under 1 year, you will need a car seat
2. Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller
This is one of the best light weight stroller on the market. It is extremely light, weighing in at less than 12 pounds.
This is an ideal stroller for if you plan to travel. The stroller can be very conveniently folded with just one hand and can be stowed away in pretty compact places.
The seat is very comfortable as well, although I personally feel it can use a little more padding. This stroller also comes with two trays, one for the baby and one for the parent.
The one thing that I really like about this stroller is the canopy. The three tier canopy covers very wide angles so that baby is protected from sunlight almost any time of the day. It also has a little peek-a-boo window when it is completely extended. You can have a lot of fun with the child with this feature!
The wheels are also sturdy. I was able to push the stroller on a variety of terrains such as paved roads, sand and even on grass with no problem. Although the wheels are not made from rubber so if the road is exceptionally uneven, the ride can be a bit bumpy for the baby.
The Pros of Kolcraft Lightweight Stroller
- Extremely light weight
- One handed folding makes it easy to fold and store
- Impressive storage space
- Multi position reclining seat, can be used for infants to older babies
- Three-tier canopy with a cute peek-a-boo window
- Secure 5-popint harness system
- Plastic wheels may cause a bumpy ride on exceptionally rough roads
- The baby tray has to be completely removed to put the baby in
- Also, the seat covers are not removable for cleaning
3. Summer Infant 2015 3D Lite Convenience Stroller
This is a great stroller for on-the-go parents. It is extremely light, weighs only 12 pounds. The one thing that stands out in this stroller is the seat. Not many umbrella strollers have as deep reclining seat, as the Summer Infant Light stroller. It is ideal for infants who need to be in a completely lying position as well as older babies for a nice afternoon nap! The stroller can hold a baby up to 50 pounds. So, once you buy this stroller, you can use it almost till your baby no longer needs one.
It has plenty of storage space with and is equipped with a cup holder, a basket, and also a storage pocket for small items and toys. The basket is wide enough to carry almost all the baby supplies you might want to carry.
The canopy on this stroller is great as well. It has a visor for sunlight protection. Although the canopy does not go all the way down, it does the job pretty well. The handle bars are also comfortable with a rubberized grip around them.
The ride is very comfortable as the front wheels have a suspension to handle almost any surface. It also has a carry strap and is incredibly easy to fold. You can fold this stroller with literally one hand.
The Pros of Summer Infant 3D Lite
- Deep recline suitable for infants and older babies as well
- Very roomy seat. This stroller is especially great for older and taller kids
- Nice storage spaces: A zippered pocket and a basket
- Tall handle bars: great for taller people
- 5-point harness for added security
- Front wheel suspension for a smoother ride
- Small canopy: although not that big an issue but a multi-tier canopy is better
- No peek-a-boo window
4. Graco DuoGlider Classic Connect Stroller, Dragonfly
The DuoGlider is one of the best dual strollers you can buy today. As the name suggests, it is designed to have two babies in it.
The seating arrangement is like a tandem bike so the babies are seated one behind the other. This makes the stroller less bulky and very easy to maneuver in congested spaces.
The seats are pretty comfortable and one smart thing about the arrangement is that the back seat is slightly elevated than the front seat so that that baby at the back also has some view of the front!
The front seat has 2 reclining positions and donâ€™t go all the way back. It is great for older kids but if you have a newborn, this may not be the best situation for you. Although the back seat can completely recline all the way.
Both the seats have a tray each that can hold some snacks or little toys while you are strolling away. The best part is the huge storage space beneath the stroller. The space is so huge that you can easily accommodate a blanket, diaper bag, some toys and it still has space for more! The access to the storage basket is very easy too. It opens just below the handle bars so you can quickly take things in and out.
The stroller also has a multi level canopy for both the seats that is great. Also, it has a peek-a-boo window of sorts on both canopies.
The Pros of Kolcraft Lightweight Stroller
- Very easy to assemble
- 5--point harness system for both seats
- Stadium style seating
- Huge storage space
- One hand folding
- Very sturdy construction
- The trays on both seats are difficult to remove and re-attach
- The front seat does not recline completely
5. BOB Revolution SE Single Stroller
The BOB revolution is certainly one of the best jogging strollers on the market. It is great for people who like jogging with their babies in the stroller.
The stroller has a very comfortable seat that is both roomy and extremely well padded.
The seat can be reclined at various angles from upright to all the way flat. The straps on the seat are very comfortable and uses a 5-point harness system to secure the baby.
One of my favorite features of this stroller is the huge canopy. It has 5 positions you can choose from and covers 125 degrees. The baby will be protected from sunlight no matter what is the time of the day! Also, as a bonus, it has a huge peek-a-boo window which you will enjoy as much as your baby.
The seat has many storage pockets and can be used to store small toys, snacks or sippy cups. Also, there is a large storage pocket at the back of the stroller. You can easily store your wallet, car keys or any such small items. There is more storage under the stroller in the form of a huge basket that can hold anything from a blanket to diaper bags.
The wheels on this stroller make the ride super-comfortable. They are made from high-impact polymer. The tires are air filled and hence run the risk of having a flat. The huge wheels give you some extra leg space between you and the stroller. The front swivel wheel can be locked in place so that you can park the stroller safely. The stroller also has a suspension system that you can adjust.
These is a parking brake as well between the rear wheels that is very handy when you want to stop the stroller at once.
Pros of this Straller
- Very easy to assemble
- 5-point harness system for both seats
- Great canopy with peek-a-boo window
- Large tires
- Swivel lock on the front wheel and a sturdy brake on the rear wheels
- Huge storage space
- Very sturdy construction
Cons of this Stroller
- The tires are air filled and hence run a risk of having a flat. Although it is easy to fix and if you fill the tires with air every six months or so, you will practically eliminate the risk of having a flat.
- Canâ€™t be folded with one hand
- Pretty bulky and heavy; weighs 25 pounds
6. Chicco Bravo Stroller-Ombra
The Chicco Bravo stroller is a great umbrella stroller that can be used for an infant up to a child that weighs 50 pounds. One of the best features of this stroller is how easily it can completely transform into a car seat.
Once you remove the sun shade and seat, the stroller can be very easily used as a car seat. The seat in the stroller can be completely reclines at several positions for a very comfortable experience for the baby.
The Chicco Bravo is designed with the comfort of the baby in mind. The stroller features a high-end suspension system that can absorb any shock while strolling and makes the ride as smooth as possible for the baby.
The stroller is also packed with many safety features such as a 5-point harness system, linked rear brakes and a very sturdy construction. The handle bar is adjustable so that no matter what your height is, you can have a comfortable strolling experience.
The stroller also features a huge storage compartment that can hold almost all of your baby supplies. It also has a storage tray for the parent that can hold multiple cups of coffee.
Pros of This Stroller
- Very easy to assemble
- 5-point harness system
- Very comfortable with a high-end suspension system
- Adjustable handle
- Rear linked brakes
- Huge storage space
- Very sturdy construction
- Smaller wheels made from plastic rather than rubber
- Pretty bulky and heavy
7. Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller-Elixer
The Sit N stand stroller from Baby Trend is a great stroller for two babies. The stroller has a tandem arrangement where the two seats are one behind the other this makes the stroller very easy to maneuver.
The rear part is made for older child and is designed so that he/she can even stand, hence the name Sit N stand!
Both the seats are very comfortable and can be reclined at various positions. The stroller has all the safety features such as a 5-point harness system and brakes. The handle bar is adjustable and no matter what your height is, you will be comfortable strolling. The stroller is very easy to maneuver even in crowded areas. I have used some of the other multiple strollers, and they are bulky and extremely difficult to manage.
As is true with tandem strollers, this one also has a huge storage space. The folding is very easy and you can accomplish it with just one hand!
The Pros of this Double Stroller
- Very comfortable for the babies
- The back seat has a platform where the child can even stand
- 5-point harness system for both the babies
- One handed folding system
- Multiple positions for reclining the seats
- A lot of storage space
- Sturdy construction
- It is bulky and heavy; weighing in at 31 pounds
What are Benefits of Having a Stroller
Strollers obviously have a number of benefits. It does not take long to realize why they are such an important part of your baby gear!
- They make transporting the baby very easy, you donâ€™t have to carry the baby all the time! So, you can take walks with your little munchkin without being completely exhausted!
- Strollers are very comfortable for the baby
- They provide additional safety features with a harness, a sturdy frame and protect the baby from sunlight as well
- You can carry all the baby accessories around in the stroller itself, so you donâ€™t have to carry them separately
- Not to mention, they are also great way for you to get a bit of walking around!
Different Types of Baby Strollers
The baby stroller market in the US is huge. Although a precise number of baby strollers sold last year is not known, the estimated number is well over 6 million.
The baby strollers come in many shapes and sizes. A perfect stroller for you will depend on what you want out of your stroller. Here are some of the most popular categories of baby strollers currently on the market:
1. Standard strollers
These are the most common strollers that you see around. They come in multiple designs and styles. Almost all of these strollers are quite big in size and come fitted with a comfortable seat that can be positioned at different angles. Most of these strollers also have some sort of a shading mechanism like an umbrella, canopy or a cover of sorts. These also have some storage space underneath that can be useful for carrying most of your baby stuff. Most of these strollers can be oriented so that the baby can either face the parent or away form the parent. Speaking from the price point, some basic models can be relatively inexpensive while some high-end models can cost significantly more.
2. Car Seat Strollers
As the name suggests, these are designed to carry car seats in them. They are generally metal frames where the car seat can be snapped to form a strolling car seat! These strollers are light and foldable so that you can carry them in you car all the time. Also, as you donâ€™t have to take the baby out of the car seat, they are incredibly convenient.
The only downside of these strollers is that once your baby grows out of the car seat, you wont be able to use these strollers. Although some strollers are available that can fit in multiple sizes of car seats.
3. Travel Systems
These look similar to the traditional standard strollers but can fit in an infant car seat. These are a combination of a car seat and a stroller put together in one continent package. These are usually much heavier and bulky. They are also more expensive than the car seat strollers, but you get a car seat with these strollers.
4. Light Weight Strollers
The name is pretty much self-explanatory. These strollers are very light weighing in at less than 12 pounds and can be completely folded. They are relatively inexpensive and donâ€™t have much fuss around them.
However, the downside is that they are not very adjustable and they donâ€™t have much padding for the baby. They are okay for occasional stroll around the park, but the baby might get uncomfortable pretty soon in these. I would not recommend going for these strollers if you have an infant. They canâ€™t be reclined and have a flimsy head support. Although if you have a toddler, these are not all that bad.
5. Jogging Strollers
Typically, the jogging strollers have three wheels just like a tricycle. They offer a smoother ride for the baby and are very comfortable to push for the parent as well. These are usually pretty big in size. Although maneuvering them is super easy, they can be a bit of a problem on congested streets or in elevators.
These are designed so that you can literally â€˜jogâ€™ with the baby. It can be a bit tricky to have our baby securely strapped in the stroller. I would recommend buying a car seat adapter if your baby is younger.
6. Double and Triple Strollers
As the name suggest, these are designed to carry two or three babies at a time. The arrangement of the babies can be side-by-side or one behind the other, like a tandem bike. They can be a bit bulky, especially the ones with side-by-side arrangement. The tandem ones are a bit easy to move around, but still their size is somewhat on the larger side. The one obvious advantage they have is that you can carry all the babies at once!
How to Choose the Best Baby Stroller?
With so many strollers on the market, choosing the correct one can be a bit difficult. However, there are some essential things that you must consider before you settle on any one make or model. I would strongly suggest to go through each and every point before you arrive at any conclusion. Letâ€™s see what are these considerations that you must pay attention to:
A. Safety Of the Child
This has to be the most important consideration while choosing a baby stroller. You want a stroller that can secure the baby as safely as possible. I would very strongly suggest to consider the following aspects:
- Make sure that the stroller has multiple point harness system. I would recommend a 5-point system as it is the most secure.
- The stroller should not have huge gaps in it from where the baby can slip out or can stick a limb out of the stroller.
- Another thing that I always recommend is the stability of the ride. Make sure that the stroller you buy has a smooth and a stable ride.
- Also, protecting the baby from sunlight is very important. Get a stroller that has an adjustable canopy so that you can protect the baby from sunlight coming from wide range of angles.
B. Consider Your Child's Age
It is important to consider how old is your child before you settle on any one option. If you have a newborn, go for a stroller that has a head support integrated. For bigger babies, go for a stroller that can bear the weight of the child and still be safe. I would recommend the following strollers based on your childâ€™s age:
- Infant: Choose the strollers that fully recline. They must have head support. I would not recommend jogging strollers.
- Toddler: Car seats strollers are best. Jogging strollers are also good.
- Older babies: Once your baby is older, choose the stroller that can support the weight.
C. Check Certifications and Warranties
Another important consideration is the quality of the stroller. There is a certification program run by Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) to ascertain the quality of baby products including strollers. The Consumer Product Safety Commission also requires the strollers to comply with ASTM standards. I would strongly recommend buying the products that bear the seal of approval from one of these agencies. The quality of the stroller is very crucial in the overall safety of the baby inside it.
Another thing I always check is warranties and return policies. It goes without saying that always buy products with warranty. Especially baby strollers. These are big ticket item and you need to be careful.
If possible, take trial runs of the type of stroller you are inclined to. Many stroller companies have photo galleries and virtual simulation tools on their websites. Take advantage of all those things before you choose any stroller.
D. Features of the Stroller
There are so many strollers out there with so many features. Some of these features are very important to consider while the other, not quite. Some of the most important features to look for in a stroller are:
- Compatibility with your car seat: This applies to strollers that can fit car seat.
- Handlebars: Make sure that you choose the stroller where you can adjust the handle bar to your comfort.
- Leg room: It is also important to make sure that you have enough leg room for walking while pushing the stroller.
- Cargo space: Many strollers have space to store baby stuff. Consider how much space you would like.
- Orientation: I would recommend a stroller with adjustable orientation so that you can change the direction your baby faces.
- Brakes: Another vital thing to look for. It should be very easy for you top brake the stroller.
- Safety strap: I personally love this feature and it is a must have if you ask me. This little strap will help you to strap the handle bar of the stroller with your wrist.
E. Other Considerations
- If you are planning on having more babies, choose a stroller that can be expanded to meet the needs.
- The harness strap material should be comfortable for the baby.
- I would recommend buying a lighter stroller if you are planning to go out by yourself.
- Maneuvering of a stroller is very important. Pay a close attention to how easy it is to maneuver.
- Another important consideration is foldability and storage space required. If you have short space get a fold-able stroller.
Baby strollers are one of the most important purchases a new parent makes. With so many sub-par products on the market, it can be really difficult to make a good choice. The task to choose a stroller along with all the things that are going on around you, can be overwhelming.
Well, we have thought of that and presented you with some of the best products so that you can focus on the more important things on your hand. We have skimmed all the junk and given you with 7 best strollers you can buy. We have covered all aspects and chose the best in each category. You canâ€™t go wrong with any one of these strollers. All that is left is placing an order so why wait?!
And as your little one grows, you may need more than one type to fit your lifestyle. Get some exercise and entertain your baby at the same time with a jogging. If you have twins, there is option too. Travel with your baby in style and comfort with a convenient travel system.
Whether you are looking for a Standard baby, Jogging, Double Jogging or a Tandem Stroller, we will help you to choose the best product for your baby. We pride ourselves on reviewing the bestselling strollers from Top brands and help you buying the right product.